WELCOME TO THE BLUE HILL/SURRY TRANSFER STATION
(Open 7 days a week 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
(Winter hours 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
1. Check in with the attendant at the Recycling Center for load check.
2. The facility serves the residents and businesses of Blue Hill, Surry, Brooklin, Brooksville, and Sedgwick.
3. Valid Stickers are required. They are available (free of charge) at the member Town Offices.
4. The DEMOLITION AREA is open Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
5. Drop materials at their proper locations-PLEASE make use of the RECYCLING and REUSE areas.
6. Metals-all ferrous metals such as iron, steel, and wire fencing, parts of vehicles, oil tanks are accepted only if pre-arranged with the Manger.
7. Check with Attendants before taking anything from the Transfer Station. NO ONE is allowed to take any copper, aluminum, or brass.
8. NO ASH OF ANY KIND IS ACCEPTED
Refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, freezers, and anything containing Freon -$12.00
Construction/Demolition debris - $30/CU. YD.
Burnable waste wood (no pressure treated or painted wood)- $30/CU. YD.
Brush up to 2" in diameter and from home owners (no commercial haulers)- $10 per pick-up load
Mattresses and other furniture- $5 per unit
TV's and monitors - $10 per unit
Console TV's and TV's over 26"- $25 per unit
Fluorescent lights $1.00 per bulb
Compact fluorescent light bulbs
Tires (off the rim):
One free tire a month, the first Saturday of each month
Truck Tires over 17" and up to 22" -$10 each
Car Tires up to 17" -$3 each
Boat Hulls: $100 minimum
Disposal must be pre-arranged with the Manager.
Waste Oil-up to 5 gal. at a time- Free
Newspaper, magazines, phone books,
Mixed paper: Office paper, post-its, copy
paper, box board (shoe, cereal, tissue boxes
etc.), egg cartons and junk mail.
All paper must be dry
Remove all plastic wrapping, paperclips and staples
Stack in boxes, brown paper bags, plastic bags, or tie with a string
Flattened corrugated cardboard
NO waxed cardboard, wet board
Only #2 HDPE bottles (laundry detergent, milk, vitamin, and some prescription bottles etc.) (Check bottom of container for type)
Rinsed, caps and rings removed
ALUMINUM AND NON FERROUS METALS
Aluminum Foil, pie plates, pans, trays and
cans (other ferrous metals)
RETURNABLES-Nickel deposits help fund the Recycle Program
REUSE CENTER-(There maybe a charge for some items in this area-Check with the attendant on duty.)
Weekly Brooksville Trash Collection
William Leck 326-8505
Parlin Dispos-All 326-9313/460-2844
Wight's Disposal 326-8278